Skip to Main Navigation

Uruguay - Third Livestock Development Project (English)

The Third Livestock Project will provide technical and financial assistance for about one year to continue Uruguay's livestock development program. Support for such a short term program is proposed to allow time for the government to make further progress in resolving remaining sector policy issues, especially in the meat packing industry. Basic investments for ranch development plans (pasture development, fencing and water supplies) and small purchases of livestock would represent about 79 percent of the estimated cost of the new project. Incremental working capital, technical services and contingencies would account for the remaining 21 percent. About 3,000 ranchers are expected to participate in the project, 2,000 ranchers within the "Plan Agropecuario", under which the size of each borrower's ranch cannot exceed 2,500 hectares, and 1,000 ranchers outside of it, with no limitation as to size of individual ranches. Ranchers under the "Plan Agropecuario" will account for about 70 percent of total on-ranch investment.

Details

  • Document Date

    1970/06/30

  • Document Type

    Memorandum & Recommendation of the President

  • Report Number

    P844

  • Volume No

    1

  • Total Volume(s)

    1

  • Country

    Uruguay,

  • Region

    Latin America & Caribbean,

  • Disclosure Date

    2010/06/24

  • Disclosure Status

    Disclosed

  • Doc Name

    Uruguay - Third Livestock Development Project

  • Keywords

    increase in gasoline prices;Payments to the Bank;ranch development;meat processing plants;investment incentive;credit program;livestock development program;Foreign Exchange Reserve;meat packing industry;local currency equivalent;cost of living;domestic consumer price;working capital requirements;current account surplus;net foreign exchange;meat packing plant;livestock sector policy;commercial bank;livestock producer;Public Utilities;grace period;tax raise;amortization period;market price;administrative cost;budget levels;fiscal deficit;index base;government's action;large loans;exchange risk;macroeconomic targets;pasture development;water supplies;gross value;work schedule;livestock loan;pasture improvement;beef cattle;Power Generation;wool production;export targets;export taxation;Livestock Production;international tender;Gasoline Tax;appraisal reports;savings capacity;import item;agricultural machinery;foreign market;subsidiary loan;draft resolution;Central Banking;financial structure;reasonable opportunity;inspection service;hygiene requirements;foreign component;financial rate;beef production;

Downloads

COMPLETE REPORT

Official version of document (may contain signatures, etc)

  • Official PDF
  • TXT*
  • Total Downloads** :
  • Download Stats
  • *The text version is uncorrected OCR text and is included solely to benefit users with slow connectivity.

Citation

Uruguay - Third Livestock Development Project (English). Washington, D.C. : World Bank Group. http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/236601468309328015/Uruguay-Third-Livestock-Development-Project